NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is a national level entrance test for medical students. This exam is organized by the CBSE Board for providing admissions into MBBS & BDS medical courses.
The NEET (UG)-2017 will be conducted on Sunday, the 7 th May, 2017.
|For GENERAL/OBC||Rs.1400/- (INR)|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/- (INR)|
(i) Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign
Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017.
(ii) The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December,
2017 i.e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
(iii) The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category
|For Candidates of
Unreserved Category (UR)
|born on or between
08.05.1992 and 01.01.2001
|For Candidates of
|born on or between
08.05.1987 and 01.01.2001
(iv) The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) shall be
limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates.
(v) The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying
examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for
General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotor disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and
40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
How to apply?
- Candidates can apply ONLY ONLINE.
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website www.cbseneet.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
a. Through any Debit/Credit Card
b. Net Banking/UPIor
c. e-wallets of different service provider
NEET 2017 Application Dates
- NEET Notification Released – January 2017
- NEET Application form 2017 starts – 31st January 2017 (declared)
- Last date to submit the application form (fee through e-challan) – March 2017
- Last date to submit the application form (fee through other modes) – March 2017
- Last date for successful final transaction of fee – March 2017
- Admit card release – 1st week of April 2017
- Exam date – 7th May 2017
Pattern of Test
- The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- The duration of paper would be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
Important notice for all candidates
Requirement of Aadhaar for the Applicants of NEET- 2017
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, CBSE will conduct National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test-UG, 2017 for the admission in MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament
i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
It has been decided that candidates, who are Indian Citizens and ordinary residents of India, will register in NEET-2017 using Aadhaar.
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for NEET-2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- In order to facilitate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centres in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centres who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. The list of the facilitation centre is available on www.cbseneet.nic.in. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017.
- In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centres, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation centre will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants belonging to the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
Address & Contact Details
The Deputy Secretary (Examination),
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit,
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092
Website – www.cbseneet.nic.in
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. – 011-22041807, 011 – 22041808,Fax No.-011-22509251
Toll Free No. – 1800118002,
Mobile No. – 9599590192,9599590193