JEE Main one of the most opted exams in India by the aspiring students to get into the top engineering colleges and universities of India. JEE Main is opted as the qualification test for the JEE Advanced that serves the admission to the India’s top engineering institution IITs. Also JEE Main serves as the eligibility test for NITs/IIITs and other State Level Engineering Colleges.
Major changes in JEE Main Pattern this year
This year government of India and the board conducting JEE Main exams has proposed the following two major changes in the JEE pattern for 2017.
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination,
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Important Notifications for all students.
- The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main)–2017 application form online.
- The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs. (Click here to read more about JEE Advanced)
- All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI.
- At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)–2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
Dates for filling the form online and paying the fees.
The online application process to fill and submit the form will start from 01st December, 2016 onwards. The last date for application is 02nd January, 2017 and fee can be paid upto 03rd January 2017.
|Submission of form starts on||1st December, 2016|
|Last of form Submission||2nd January, 2017|
|Last date to pay fees||3rd January, 2017|