BITSAT-2017 is computer based online test for admissions to Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani at Pilani campus, K. K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus.
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2017-18 will be made on the basis of a Computer based Online Test conducted by BITS, Pilani. This test will be referred to as ‘BITS Admission Test – 2017’, in short as BITSAT-2017.
BITSAT-2017 application has been started from 29th December, 2016 to 6th March, 2017. To apply now click here –
Important Dates and deadlines
|Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2017:||6th March 2017 (5.00pm)|
|Revision/editing in the application form by candidates:||7th – 10th March 2017|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates:||15th March 2017|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot:||20th March – 5th April 2017|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions:||15th April – 10th May 2017|
|BITSAT Online tests:||16th May – 30th May 2017|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences:||20th May 2017 – 30th June 2017|
|Admit List and Wait List announcement:||1st July 2017|
If you choose centers within India, Application Fee for male candidates will be Rs.2750/- and for female candidates it will be Rs.2250/-. If you choose Dubai as a center, the Application Fee for both male and female candidates will be the same and will be US$60 (or Rs.4000/- Indian Rupees).
The application fee is non-refundable.
The fee can be paid using any of the following modes:
- Payment by Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway: All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa are accepted. More details are available on the payment page.
- Payment through Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway: participating banks list will be displayed once you choose to pay through this mode.
- By cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip: You can choose to pay through Cash at ICICI Bank branches. You have to just download the specially designed Pay-in-slip from the website on the payments page and walk-into any ICICI bank branch along with cash. The bank shall deposit cash and give you a confirmation receipt for the same.
For Foreign candidates not residing in India:
Payment by International Credit Cards and Debit Cards using Online Payment Gateway is accepted.
(i) at BITS, Pilani – Pilani Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics &
Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and
M.Sc.: General Studies.
(ii) at BITS, Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and
Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics.
(iii) at BITS, Pilani – Hyderabad Campus:
B.E.: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical
and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing.
M.Sc.: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics
Details of BITSAT – 2017
BITSAT-2017 will be of total 3-hour duration (without break). The test consists of four parts:
|Part 3||(a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning|
|Part 4||Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)|
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions);
- Each question with choice of four answers;
- Only one being correct choice;
- Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark);
- No marks are awarded for questions not attempted;
- While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
- There will be 150 questions in all. The number of questions in each part is as follows:
|Subject||No of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|